Shop Bitch!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm starting to worry about him...



Kanye West visits Big Boy's Neighborhood from qdeezy on Vimeo.

I get it- Kanye is an arTIST!

But with this new 808 and heartbreak album...Kanye is really letting us in. Only a true "artist" can give you their real life...pain in the raw...joy...and emotion even if it's ugly.

Marvin Gaye did it. Stevie Wonder and some of the most soulful artists go in and examine themselves.

For instance-I have had debates with my dealer over "Love Lockdown" his arguement was that Kanye (being on some even more new "New Shit") is about to lose his fanbase. He described the track and "dark" & "morbid". I on the other hand love it just for that reason. There is no braggard Kanye (The Louis Vitton Don) on this album (as he explains in the above video); there is only a dude that within the last past year lost the most important person in his life.

His moms was his glue, and with out her we are hearing the product of him coming undone...

Hopefully people will get that.

I personally think the song is a ode to the break off of his engagement to Alexis Phieffer. But what do I really know...;)

No comments: