Shop Bitch!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Gucci Event for FFAWN

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By Honeygrip


The other night I attended the Gucci Cocktail Party benefitting Mary J Blige’s organization FFAWN at Gucci on NY’s Fifth Avenue. The party was Jam Packed with celebs, including Lebron James, Steve Harvey, Alicia Keys, Serena Williams, Ryan Leslie, Chrisette Michelle, Estelle, Donald Trump, Russel Simmons and many more. Like a knuckle head I forgot my camera, but with my partner in crime Nik Banks of http://www.thesinglegirlsguidetomen.com/ we were able to finagle a quick impromptu interview with Ms. Tameka Foster Raymond. The audio will be available soon. Peep some of the pics I was able to sneak with my camera phone below.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By Honeygrip


Tameka was thin as a pin and absolutely FAB. Glowing skin, down to earth and real. She talked with us about her foundation for young girls http://www.lostonesfoundation.org/ and her workout regime. She swore that her post 5 babies body was not the by-product of any surgery, even though she did have complications during a plastic surgery attempt in Brazil this past February.

She works out every other day for at least 30 minutes on her treadmill at home. When we asked her for some advice for all the single girls. She shot back: "I'm married." claiming that she still had some time left on her lease...haha. Tameka really impressed me. I told her point blank that after meeting her and SEEING her in person, I couldn't understand the hate directed toward's her. To which she responded flatly, that it's all because she married a superstar. I begged her to let us get a photo to prove that she was as attractive in person as she was but she declined stating that she never ever seems to photograph well. I usually hate to have to say nice things about people :) but Tameka gets props from me!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool!