Shop Bitch!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How come these two can find a good man?

And I can't!! Why is it that the only black men who don't have a problem committing aren't looking to commit with more black women. I mean I'll give the 'bride' here some credit. Who couldn't fall for a person with gorgeous hair like that, but I mean seriously speaking.
We all know the statistics...So really, what is black women's problem? Ok- what is our main problem??
I have been single (even while heavily committed in a relationship) for far too long. And now in my 30's it's becoming increasingly clear to me that no matter how black women slice it, we can't really win. I used to be told that my main problem was I was 'too smart', 'too seasoned' and 'too experienced'. So in an effort to make my relationships work, I dumbed myself down, and even to some degree, dulled myself down. Just so, any reasonably, decent and seemingly worthy fellow I came across wouldn't think I was 'too high-maintenance'. Now I find myself looking around at my prospective mate-as too put it simply- just mediocre. Trust that, when the situation is the reverse, the saddest loser, deadbeat, unemployed guy will always set his standards WAAAY higher than he deserves. And even when he gets that girl, who is educated, self sufficient and completely worthy of a 'good man' that nigga will still treat her like shit. Then on the other hand when women raise their standard and demand that a guy comes with his own job, perhaps is own living situation and (God, Forbid) money?! Pssf, well you know that bitch is a gold-digger, right?!
Is it really fair to tell an attractive female, who is independent & who went to school and works hard that her problem is that she sets her standards too high, or she's too picky in her criteria of what she looking for in a mate? The older I get the more I feel for women who have it together.
Sorry, but I really don't get it, and after looking at this very lovely, wedding album I wondered, what can I do to get on the right track? Any Advice for me??
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: