Shop Bitch!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And It's all good; Baby, Baby!

I gotta say I am superexcited about the NOTORIOUS movie. And it's for purely sentimental reasons.

I grew up in Brooklyn, and remember BIG from the start of his career. I went to the same high school as Kim (B.C.A.), and although she was a grade ahead of me and we never spoke, I remember her and her rise to fame as well. I was just starting to go to the clubs like the Country Club, The Tunnel, and Essos, I remember hanging out at parties with Junior Mafia, and even rubbing elbows with Faith (who was a real sweetheart). I had the platinum blonde hair too, and was constantly being mistaken for her.

In Brooklyn, at that time there was an IN crowd, people that wore Versace & Moschino, and the boosters & the hustlers- we all knew each other. And BIG represented that crowd personally. I knew people who really knew these people well enough to know all their personal dramas. I'd been to Big's imfamous house in Teaneck (with the Death Row T-shirt fashioned into a door mat) and I just remember all of these people, places and events so vividly. Before the internet was where you could go to get a peek into celebrity drama. So, I am really curious to see how well the actors who play these people will do. And how real they keep the story compared to the things I know to be true.

I say all that because Naturi Naughton in this clip does a really good job of repping Kim. Even if she (Kim) doesn't like her portrayal. One thing is clear from what I am hearing about the movie, and that's that you will finally understand why BIG was able to be the mack that he was.

No comments: